Skip to main content
821 N ST, STE 102, Anchorage, AK 99501 | (907) 312-5564

Alaska Certificate of Authority Filing Service

Foreign Corporation in Alaska

If you are a corporation headquartered in another state and want to conduct business in Alaska, you will need an Alaska Certificate of Authority to operate in Alaska. You can obtain one by filing as a foreign corporation with the Corporations Division of the Alaska Secretary of State. Once filed, the State of Alaska will return a filed certificate of authority to you. A foreign Alaska corporation should not be confused with an out-of-country corporation. Any corporation not actually formed (Created) in Alaska is considered to be a foreign corporation.

We charge for the state filing fees plus $100 to prepare and file the foreign Alaska corporation Certificate of Authority form to the Alaska Secretary of State, Corporations Division. We also will find the paperwork needed from your home state of incorporation to make the filing.

If you want to submit the paperwork yourself: you just need to sign up for our registered agent service in Alaska and the foreign corporation form is in your online account immediately. There are also some filing tips on how to submit your paperwork with the state. You are required to have an Alaska registered agent anyway, so we try to make this an easy process for you, whether you want us to do the filing or you want to do the filing yourself.

How Do I Get Started?

Simply sign up for registered agent service first. You then can look at the form for foreign corporations in your account online and also at the included filing tips. If you decide not to do the filing yourself, you can click the “add services” tab from your account, and add our filing services for the state filing fees plus $100. You can see real time status of our work in progress in your online account at all times. After we are finished with your foreign corporation registration in Alaska, we always store the filing to your online account, email you a copy, and mail you the original filed documents.